Speed Boat SL 702- MK2, Updated Design for 2021 season
26 ft speed boat, New Design
Speed Boat Description :
The SL702-MK2 is new designed 26 ft long speed boat with a front cabin, toilet and spacious outer deck. The outlook of the boat is made sleek. Interior windows and Cabin have been enlarged. Front Cabin now has the gel coat interior finish to avoid moisture collection. The Bathroom has been added with a sink, and this is still the smallest boat at 26 feet that can hold a marine toilet. The SL702 has been Hong Kong’s favorite speed boat and has been the best selling boat in Hong Kong since 2017.
Right after the first SL702 arrived, the boat has been selling by just people looking at it and by word of mouth. The best feature of the boat is definitely it’s layout and Smart design.
Some Key advantage of the SL702 Speed Boat size and Design
- Great performance (The size and dimensions of the SL702 enables it to cruise through rough seas very smoothly. Reaching almost 40 knots with single Outboard)
- Easy to operate (The boat is designed specially without gimmicks. It makes it very sensitive to the steering and easy to operate in tight spaces)
- Easy to maintain (Again, the boat is designed in a way that is requires less over looking and maintaining)
- Easy to store (The boat’s weight and size makes it easy to dry dock in any small space. Lifting is easy by any shipyard sling lifts or yacht club fork lifts)
- Easy to transport overseas (The boat is built to fit inside a container which saves the customer a lot of cost in shipping and transport)
- Good to stay over night and weekends (the front cabin has sleeping space for 2, the outside seats can be made into a large bed. A proper marine toilet makes it possible to stay overnight)
- Good for fishing (the boat comes with optional fishing rod holders. The large deck space makes fishing ideal)
- Safer with pets and children ( this is a small boat but designed like a big one, with high side walls (Gunwale), it is not easy for someone to topple off when someone is leaning out)
- Efficient (Lot of software has been used to ensure the shape of the boat is fuel efficient, so the SL702 is one of the top in its size to have a range of 215 km with full tank)
- Interchangeable seating layout (This is a great feature. The back seats can easily be arranged in many ways according to requirements and number of people on board)
- Well Priced ( We were tired of presenting boats that are extremely expensive for some gimmick or some brand name. Finally we can provide real value and high quality boat for a reasonable price. The idea is to bring good looking, safe and functional boat to people and provide the best value for money that is possible in this industry)
Interior & Layout :
Cabin in the front is Spacious with a Marine toilet and a sink which is very very important, and makes this speed boat able to be a weekender and easy to accommodate a small family for over night adventure trips. This 26 footer speed boat has interchangeable stern layout. So the seats can be in-line, L-Shaped, U-shaped or just becomes a big sunbed. The forward deck is spacious and has a functional sunbed or just a open deck.The interior cabin can be a seating area with a table or converted into a double bed to take some rest.
Performance & Range :
This Speed boat is perfect for Hong Kong waters. It does not necessarily need a high powered engine, Maximum power is recommended to be 250hp engine but a 175hp engine works fine.
With a 225hp x 1 Outboard Engine : Cruising speed of 20 knots in 4,000 RPM with the fuel consumption of 35 Liter / hr.
Which gives the range of approximately 215 KM.
So to understand it a bit more clearly for Hong Kong user. distance from HK to Macau is around 64km, so this boat with full tank can go to Macau from Hong Kong and come back two times.
The boat starts to plane around 14 knots, which is 3,500 RPM
20 knots cruising at around 4,000 RPM
Full Speed of 38 knots at around 6,100 RPM.
With a Suzuki 4 stroke 175hp the boat did maximum speed up to 37 knots with 5 persons on board at around 7000 RPM.
At 5000 RPM it is around 25-28 knots depending on the condition of the sea. One of the most impressive things about the boat was its handing. It was incredibly easy to handle, it was moving smoothly not just in high speeds.
In Hong Kong, the SL702 has been installed with 175hp, 200 hp, 225hp generally, with all engines such as Suzuki, Mercury, Yamaha, Evinrude. Each of these engines have given great performance for this boat.
Performance in low speed :
In low speed while navigating in the crowded Aberdeen typhoon shelter of Hong Kong where it is very congested. The SL-702 with minimum skill was stable and well controlled. The boat has good sensitivity to throttle and has quick reaction. The Main advantage is that it does not need a high skilled captain to go through congested areas or to tricky fueling docks. Especially in congested areas like Aberdeen the boat is stable near the docks. It has to be as all sort of boats pass by including ferries.
Storage, wet moorings & Dry Docking :
Very easy to lift up and store it on a dry dock because of its dimensions and size. This boat can be lifted up by all standard lifts and can be stored on standard platforms because of the shape of the hull. This is makes life a lot easier to maintain this boat. The boat comes with lot of options and Bimini tops, and covers, cushions etc. A wonderful Bluetooth hifi system with marine speakers installed give you a super loud music if you like. Good when you are at the beach enjoying a happy sunday.
Length Overall : 7.80 m
Hull Length : 6.80 m
Beam : 2.45 m
Draft : 0.37 m
Approximate Weight : 1450 Kg
Fuel Capacity : 200 L
Water Capacity : 45 L
Range of the boat : 210-215 km (approximately)
Waste tank Capacity : 35 L
Certification Persons : 8
Design Category : C
Engine Type : Single Outboard, 25″
Maximum Power capacity : 250 hp
Sleeping Adults : 2
Cockpit Depth : 0.82 m
Freeboard Aft : 1.02 m
Freeboard Forward: 1.20 mLength Overall : 7.80 m
Boat Type : Speed boat / Cuddy boat / Cabin cruiser /
Engine Type :
This boat can have a Outboard Engine upto 250 hp, which takes it to around 40 Plus knots.
- All composite foam injected hull structure with osmosis resistant vinylester skin coat
- Self bailing cockpit with non-skid cockpit and bow floors
- Fused electrics package with navigation and illumination lights, marine horn and manual/automatic bilge pump
- Anchor roller and concealed recess for optional windlass
- Heavy duty, stainless steel, styled cleats at bow and stern
- Welded stainless steel rails mounted using casted stainless bases
- Walk-through stern with collapsible motor well hatch
- Stainless steel deck hardware and hinges
- Recessed, weather protected marine grade cockpit speakers at bow and cockpit
- Beverage holders at console, sundeck and stern
- Freshwater with transom shower
- Styled double curvature console windscreen with oval section stainless grab rail
- Marine grade electrical switches, compass, media/receiver, USB and 12V sockets and Karnic Deluxe steering wheel
- Stern, under seat drainable wells (2)
- Stern, sole storage compartment
- Cockpit side storage pockets
- V-berth cabin accommodation for two adults with ventilation portlights
- Real walnut floors and interior
- Lockable toilet compartment with ventilation portlight
- Cabin walnut cabinet
- U shape stern layout
- Middle Stern Seat Filler Cushion
- Cushion for port seat
- Cushion for stbd seat
- Cabin table, removable and can be installed on the cockpit too
- Weekender Version seats with Sink & flat platform
- Swim platforms with ladder
- Sunbed cushion set
- Bimini top extended version
- Marine toilet with holding tank
- Fire extinguisher
- Hydraulic steering
- Coolbox (IGLOO) 51 Liter under the seat
Video of the Updated Design in 2020
Here is a video of the boat we delivered in Hong Kong on May 2017
Video of the delivery of the SL702 in Hong Kong. This is how we deliver a boat in Hong kong
Below is a video of the SL702 Karnic “Old model” being tested in 2017.
Smaller Version of the SL702 Karnic is the SL602.
Click here to see the information of the SL602 Speed boat.
We are also on yachtworld