Speed Boat SL 702- MK2, Updated Design for 2021 season
26 ft speed boat, New Design
Speed Boat Description :
The SL702-MK2 is new designed 26 ft long speed boat with a front cabin, toilet and spacious outer deck. The outlook of the boat is made sleek. Interior windows and Cabin have been enlarged. Front Cabin now has the gel coat interior finish to avoid moisture collection. The Bathroom has been added with a sink, and this is still the smallest boat at 26 feet that can hold a marine toilet. The SL702 has been Hong Kong’s favorite speed boat and has been the best selling boat in Hong Kong since 2017.
Right after the first SL702 arrived, the boat has been selling by just people looking at it and by word of mouth. The best feature of the boat is definitely it’s layout and Smart design.
Interior & Layout :
Cabin in the front is Spacious with a Marine toilet and a sink which is very very important, and makes this speed boat able to be a weekender and easy to accommodate a small family for over night adventure trips. This 26 footer speed boat has interchangeable stern layout. So the seats can be in-line, L-Shaped, U-shaped or just becomes a big sunbed. The forward deck is spacious and has a functional sunbed or just a open deck.The interior cabin can be a seating area with a table or converted into a double bed to take some rest.
This Speed boat is perfect for Hong Kong waters. It does not necessarily need a high powered engine, Maximum power is recommended to be 250hp engine but a 175hp engine works fine.
With a Suzuki 4 stroke 175hp the boat did maximum speed up to 37 knots with 5 persons on board at around 7000 RPM.
At 5000 RPM it is around 25-28 knots depending on the condition of the sea. One of the most impressive things about the boat was its handing. It was incredibly easy to handle, it was moving smoothly not just in high speeds.
In Hong Kong, the SL702 has been installed with 175hp, 200 hp, 225hp generally, with all engines such as Suzuki, Mercury, Yamaha, Evinrude. Each of these engines have given great performance for this boat.
Performance in low speed :
In low speed while navigating in the crowded Aberdeen typhoon shelter of Hong Kong where it is very congested. The SL-702 with minimum skill was stable and well controlled. The boat has good sensitivity to throttle and has quick reaction. The Main advantage is that it does not need a high skilled captain to go through congested areas or to tricky fueling docks. Especially in congested areas like Aberdeen the boat is stable near the docks. It has to be as all sort of boats pass by including ferries.
Storage, wet moorings & Dry Docking :
Very easy to lift up and store it on a dry dock because of its dimensions and size. This boat can be lifted up by all standard lifts and can be stored on standard platforms because of the shape of the hull. This is makes life a lot easier to maintain this boat. The boat comes with lot of options and Bimini tops, and covers, cushions etc. A wonderful Bluetooth hifi system with marine speakers installed give you a super loud music if you like. Good when you are at the beach enjoying a happy sunday.
Length Overall : 7.80 m
Hull Length : 6.80 m
Beam : 2.45 m
Draft : 0.37 m
Approximate Weight : 1450 Kg
Fuel Capacity : 200 L
Water Capacity : 45 L
Waste tank Capacity : 35 L
Certification Persons : 8
Design Category : C
Engine Type : Single Outboard, 25″
Maximum Power capacity : 250 hp
Sleeping Adults : 2
Cockpit Depth : 0.82 m
Freeboard Aft : 1.02 m
Freeboard Forward: 1.20 mLength Overall : 7.80 m
Boat Type : Speed boat / Cuddy boat / Cabin cruiser /
Engine Type :
This boat can have a Outboard Engine upto 250 hp, which takes it to around 40 Plus knots.
- All composite foam injected hull structure with osmosis resistant vinylester skin coat
- Self bailing cockpit with non-skid cockpit and bow floors
- Fused electrics package with navigation and illumination lights, marine horn and manual/automatic bilge pump
- Anchor roller and concealed recess for optional windlass
- Heavy duty, stainless steel, styled cleats at bow and stern
- Welded stainless steel rails mounted using casted stainless bases
- Walk-through stern with collapsible motor well hatch
- Stainless steel deck hardware and hinges
- Recessed, weather protected marine grade cockpit speakers at bow and cockpit
- Beverage holders at console, sundeck and stern
- Freshwater with transom shower
- Styled double curvature console windscreen with oval section stainless grab rail
- Marine grade electrical switches, compass, media/receiver, USB and 12V sockets and Karnic Deluxe steering wheel
- Stern, under seat drainable wells (2)
- Stern, sole storage compartment
- Cockpit side storage pockets
- V-berth cabin accommodation for two adults with ventilation portlights
- Real walnut floors and interior
- Lockable toilet compartment with ventilation portlight
- Cabin walnut cabinet
- U shape stern layout
- Middle Stern Seat Filler Cushion
- Cushion for port seat
- Cushion for stbd seat
- Cabin table, removable and can be installed on the cockpit too
- Weekender Version seats with Sink & flat platform
- Swim platforms with ladder
- Sunbed cushion set
- Bimini top extended version
- Marine toilet with holding tank
- Fire extinguisher
- Hydraulic steering
- Coolbox (IGLOO) 51 Liter under the seat
Video of the Updated Design in 2020
Here is a video of the boat we delivered in Hong Kong on May 2017
Video of the delivery of the SL702 in Hong Kong. This is how we deliver a boat in Hong kong
Smaller Version of the SL702 Karnic is the SL602.
Click here to see the information of the SL602 Speed boat.
We are also on yachtworld